The administrator can create a resource pool on a stand-alone ESXi host, on a cluster level, or in another resource pool.
To create a resource pool, perform the following steps:
- Login into vCenter Server using the vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the host, a cluster, or a resource pool.
- Select all vCenter actions.
- Click on New resource pool.
- The create resource pool dialog will pop up. Similar to virtual machines, a resource pool also has shares, limits, and reservations for CPUs and memory.
vSphere DRS must be enabled to configure and utilize resource pools.