Cluster performance monitoring
You have already seen how to monitor the performance of vSphere hosts using charts. The vSphere web client also provides you charts to monitor the performance of a vSphere cluster. You have also learned the counters in these charts as covered in the previous chapter, so I will briefly summarize it. Follow these steps to monitor vSphere cluster performance:
- Log in to your vSphere web client.
- Click on vCenter in the left pane.
- Now click on Hosts and Clusters from the inventory tree.
- Click on the arrow of data center to view all the children under it.
- Click on the cluster, and then click on the Monitor tab on the right under Actions.
- Now click on the Performance tab under Monitor.
- You will see a vSphere chart Overview for ...