In this appendix you will learn to:
- Discover PowerShell’s Origins
- Develop Your Understanding of Objects
- What Is an Object?
- The PowerCLI Objects
- Creating Your Own Objects
- Uncover Cmdlets and Get Help
- What Is a Cmdlet?
- Tab Completion
- Built-In Help
- The Get-Member Cmdlet
- Utilize the PowerShell Pipeline
- Using the Pipeline in PowerShell
- Bringing It All Together
- Build Your Toolkit of Basic Cmdlets
- Enhancing Script Writing
PowerCLI is a toolkit in its own right for managing a vSphere infrastructure. However, since PowerCLI is a snap-in for Microsoft’s Windows PowerShell, a good understanding of basic PowerShell will not only help you with learning PowerCLI, but it will also enable you to improve command-line ...