Auditing the vSphere Environment
In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Understand Tasks and Events Data
- Report the PowerCLI Way
- What Does Get-VIEvent Return?
- Using the Get-VIEvent Cmdlet
- Report the SDK Way
- Why Use the SDK API?
- What Is a Collector?
- Fitting Collectors into Your Script
- Sample Scripts
- Configure Tasks and Events Retention
In your vSphere environment, you want to keep track of who changed what at which time. This information can be useful when you are troubleshooting a problem, and it will definitely come in handy when an audit team pays you a visit.
Luckily, vCenter Server and ESX(i) provide you with all you need to access the data required for most audit report requests that come your way.
On an ESX(i) server, only ...