In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Work with the vSphere SDK
- Use the vSphere API Reference
- Setting a Host in Maintenance Mode
- Did the Alarm Fire the SNMP Trap?
- Finding Metrics for Thin Provisioning
- Can You Migrate This Guest?
- Use Managed Objects
- Managed Object Types
- Data Objects and Their Methods
- Using vSphere Managers
- Managed Object References
- Code Parameter Objects
- Find the Method You Need
- Changing the Boot Delay of a Virtual Machine
- Finding the Patches Installed on an ESX Host
- Finding the Host HWuptime
- Changing the vCenter Logging Options
- Understand Return Values and Faults
- Put Some Tips and Tricks to Good Use
- Waiting for an Asynchronous Task
- Better Error Handling after Asynchronous Tasks
- Finding Service Managers ...