Communicate like a LEADER
Research proves that the greatest impact speakers have in any conversation comes not only from the words they say but from the sound of their voices. In other words, it is not just the message but themessenger that matters.
No one has a better grasp of this fact--and how to leverage it to your benefit--than Arthur Samuel Joseph, one of the world's leading communication strategists and the creator of the Vocal Awareness Method. Joseph's client list is a who's who of world-famous celebrities--including Sean Connery, Angelina Jolie, Pierce Brosnan, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Emmitt Smith, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. He has trained broadcasters and executives at the NFL Network, NBA, MLB, ESPN, Fox, and NBC, as well as business leaders at Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Disney, Toyota, Ritz-Carlton, and the Federal Reserve Bank, among others.
In Vocal Leadership, Joseph shares all his secrets to Communication Mastery with you.
Vocal Leadership provides proven techniques and daily exercises to help you develop a commanding voice and presence, and improve vocal quality, mental acuity, body language, and self-esteem to dramatically increase your influence. Joseph takes you step-by-step through the process of becoming an effective and powerful speaker by providing insight into:
- Breathing techniques
- Vocal warm-ups
- Vocal projection
- Appropriate tempo
- Body language
- Verbal and nonverbal expression
- Effective storytelling
You'll learn how to be in mastery in every conversation, public address, and personal encounter--and how to be tactical and strategic when necessary, earnest and caring when appropriate, and, above all, authentic in every communication.
Whether you're delivering a sales presentation to a group of five or giving a shareholders speech to an audience of hundreds, the way you communicate is the difference between success and failure as a leader.
"When we own our Voice, we own our power," Joseph writes. Vocal Leadership gives you the tools to discover your unique voice and use it strategically to empower yourself and others to success.
PRAISE FOR VOCAL LEADERSHIP:
"The Vocal Awareness Method is a powerful tool that will ensure your voice as a leader, innovator, or captain of industry is resounding." -- HERVE HUMLER, President and COO, Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
"There are numerous books on what to say and how to speak, but only gifted teacher Arthur Joseph can teach us how to connect with others through the extra dimension of our voice." -- DANIEL YUN, CEO, Belstar Group
"Arthur Joseph enables individuals to unleash their unique, inner strength and achieve empowerment through voice!" -- CHERITA MCINTYE, PhD, Director of Executive Learning, ESPN
"Arthur Joseph is without peer in developing communication and presentation skills. His use of technique, coupled with passion and belief, combine for a spiritual approach to mastering communication skills." -- JOHN BRANCA, entertainment attorney and coexecutor of the Michael Jackson Estate
"What I love most about Arthur is that his guidance is about so much more than just work, it is about life. It is about being the greatest YOU possible and bringing out the natural YOU in a meaningful, authentic way." -- JULIE FOUDY, World Cup champion, Olympic gold medalist, former captain of the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, and ESPN/ABC analyst and reporter
Table of Contents
- Opener 00:00:39
- Foreword 00:03:18
- Acknowledgments 00:03:02
- Introduction 00:08:24
- Chapter 1: Communications Mastery: The Journey Begins 00:31:42
- Chapter 2: Communications Mastery: The Journey Continues 1:12:57
- Chapter 3: Spiritual Pragmatism: The Journey Deepens 00:50:19
- Chapter 4: The Vocal Awareness Method: Mastering the Journey (Part 1) 00:54:27
- Chapter 4: The Vocal Awareness Method: Mastering the Journey (Part 2) 00:52:26
- Chapter 5: The Message and the Messenger: It Is Not Just Data. It is Communication 00:55:14
- Chapter 6: The Performance: Our Audience Is Our Self 00:57:54
- Chapter 7: The Human Achievement Movement: Fulfilling the Journey 00:56:34
- Afterword 00:02:33
- Appendices Opener 00:00:53
- Appendix 1: The Work 00:10:01
- Appendix 2: Strategems and Guidelines for Communication Mastery 00:06:13
- Appendix 3: Communication Mastery and Integrative Leadership: Strategic Insights and Tips 00:07:06
- Appendix 4: Leadership Excellence 00:16:50
- Appendix 5: Leadership Terms: Definitions and Etymology 00:40:22
- Appendix 6: Quotations to Live By 00:04:12
- About the Author 00:01:21
- Endnotes 00:00:48
- Title: Vocal Leadership: 7 Minutes a Day to Communication Mastery, with a foreword by Roger Goodell (Audio Book)
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071838429