Let's get started:
- For the first best practice, you need to check whether the application is single threaded or multithreaded. If it is single threaded, then avoid running an SMP VM:
- You need to log in to vCenter using vSphere Web Client, then go to the Home tab.
- Once there, go to the VM and look at the VM Hardware tile.
- Now you can see whether the VM has one vCPU or multiple vCPUs. You see whether it's using them by looking at %Utilization or a similar metric for each vCPU:
This Summary tab doesn't tell us whether the app is single threaded or multithreaded.
- For the second best practice, you need to prioritize the VM ...