An indispensable survival guide for high-net-worth individuals and their advisors
If you're like most high-net-worth individuals nowadays, you are underinsured, over-targeted in litigation, and dangerously exposed to risks that can profoundly jeopardize your lifestyle and rob you and your family of what they've worked so hard to achieve. Don't risk it all for lack of basic knowledge. Read Wealth Exposed and get the practical guidance and real-world solutions you need to protect your hard-earned assets.
Written by a leading national risk management expert with extensive experience advising high-net-worth individuals, Wealth Exposed alerts you to the full range of risks to which high-net-worth individuals are exposed, while schooling you in your risk management ABCs. Designed for high-net-worth individuals, their CPAs, attorneys, family office managers, and others, Wealth Exposed arms you with the knowledge and tools you need to protect yourself, or your clients, from mayhem.
Provides a framework for creating a comprehensive personal risk management strategy
Contains numerous real-life anecdotes and case studies drawn from the author's case files
Discusses insurance solutions for property, cars, jewelry, aircraft, watercraft, wine, cars, and more
Read Wealth Exposed and find out what you need to know to protect your assets from risk and secure your peace of mind.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Welcome! You Are at the Next Level
- Chapter 2: My-Oh-My, How Far You Have Come!
- Chapter 3: Life Is Too Short to Drink Cheap Wine
- Chapter 4: The Hired Help—Who’s Watching Whom?
- Chapter 5: Which Car Will I Drive Today, the Ferrari or the Bentley?
- Chapter 6: How Big Is Your Umbrella?
- Chapter 7: Toys, Toys, and More Toys
- Chapter 8: Personal and Family Security Risks
- Chapter 9: The Dangers of Wealth
- Chapter 10: Personal Risk Management Planning at the Next Level
- Chapter 11: Would You See an MD Generalist for a Heart Transplant?
- Chapter 12: Getting Started with Next-Level Planning
Chapter 13: Making the Move Abroad
- IT’S ALL IN THE PLANNING
- WHAT EVERY EXPATRIATE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE COVERAGE
- INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY COVERAGE
- VALUABLE ARTICLES VERSUS REGULAR PROPERTY
- SCHEDULING YOUR VALUABLES
- STORING YOUR PROPERTY
- TRANSIT INSURANCE
- INTERNATIONAL PERSONAL UMBRELLA LIABILITY COVERAGE
- KEY TAKEAWAY—DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT
- Chapter 14: Weaving It all Together
- Appendix A: Sample Personal Lines Checklist
- Appendix B: Coverage and Service Comparison
- Appendix C: Specialized Flood Insurance versus Standard Flood Insurance
- Appendix D: Ten Items to Include in Family Disaster Plan
- Appendix E: Breakdown of Audio and Video Recording Laws
- Insurance Glossary
- Useful Websites for Personal Risk Management and Insurance Information
- About the Author
- Title: Wealth Exposed: Insurance Planning for High Net Worth Individuals and Their Advisors
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118810699