A top-level security guru for both eBay and PayPal and a best-selling information systems security author show how to design and develop secure Web commerce systems.
Whether it's online banking or ordering merchandise using your cell phone, the world of online commerce requires a high degree of security to protect you during transactions. This book not only explores all critical security issues associated with both e-commerce and mobile commerce (m-commerce), it is also a technical manual for how to create a secure system. Covering all the technical bases, this book provides the detail that developers, system architects, and system integrators need to design and implement secure, user-friendly, online commerce systems.
Co-authored by Hadi Nahari, one of the world's most renowned experts in Web commerce security; he is currently the Principal Security, Mobile and DevicesArchitect at eBay, focusing on the architecture and implementation of eBay and PayPal mobile
Co-authored by Dr. Ronald Krutz; information system security lecturer and co-author of the best-selling Wiley CISSP Prep Guide Series
Shows how to architect and implement user-friendly security for e-commerce and especially, mobile commerce
Covers the fundamentals of designing infrastructures with high availability, large transactional capacity, and scalability
Includes topics such as understanding payment technologies and how to identify weak security, and how to augment it.
Get the essential information you need on Web commerce security—as well as actual design techniques—in this expert guide.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Editor
Part I: Overview of Commerce
- CHAPTER 1: Internet Era: E-Commerce
- CHAPTER 2: Mobile Commerce
- CHAPTER 3: Important “Ilities” in Web Commerce Security
Part II: E-Commerce Security
- CHAPTER 4: E-Commerce Basics
- CHAPTER 5: Building Blocks: Your Tools
- CHAPTER 6: System Components: What You Should Implement
- CHAPTER 7: Trust but Verify: Checking Security
- CHAPTER 8: Threats and Attacks: What Your Adversaries Do
- CHAPTER 9: Certification: Your Assurance
- APPENDIX A: Computing Fundamentals
- APPENDIX B: Standardization and Regulatory Bodies
- APPENDIX C: Glossary of Terms
- APPENDIX D: Bibliography
- Title: Web Commerce Security Design and Development
- Release date: April 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470624463