This course aims to equip learners with a conceptual comprehension of various web development principles rather than focusing on hands-on coding exercises. The course begins with a thorough introduction, setting the stage for the topics to follow. You will then delve into the front-end aspect of web development, learning about the client-side and server-side components, as well as the role of databases in web applications. You will gain insight into version control, with a specific focus on Git, including concepts such as branching, merging, and the use of GitHub for collaboration.
By the end of the course, you will have acquired a comprehensive understanding of web development, enabling you to confidently navigate the various technologies and concepts involved in building modern web applications.
What You Will Learn
- Gain an understanding of websites and web applications
- Explore libraries and front-end frameworks
- Understand back-end web frameworks
- Explore cloud and cloud services providers
- Understand databases including SQL, NoSQL, and in-memory
- Learn about version control systems such as Git
It is ideal for HR professionals, recruiters, and sourcing specialists who work specifically in the tech sector. Sales and client success executives who operate within the technology industry will also benefit from the course. Project and delivery management professionals looking to enhance their knowledge in the tech field will find value in the course content. Associate-level developers seeking to expand their skill set will find the course beneficial as well.
About The Author
Scott Bromander: Scott Bromander is the director of software engineering at Statespace, the makers of the Aimlabs website and Aim Lab (PC game on Steam with 25m+ registered users). Scott has experience in the web/game development industry for over 15 years and a parallel career as an educator.
He has worked with several Fortune 100 companies, partnering with them to design and build world-class web applications. In addition, he has designed curriculums for several development boot camp programs and has led higher education computer science programs. He is passionate about getting people engaged in technology and loves helping people.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : The Basics of Full-Stack Web Applications
- Chapter 3 : Version Control
- Chapter 4 : Programming Languages
- Chapter 5 : Libraries and Front-End Frameworks
- Chapter 6 : Client / Server Communications
- Chapter 7 : Authentication and Authorization
- Chapter 8 : Back-End Web Frameworks
- Chapter 9 : Databases
- Chapter 10 : Web Developer Tools
- Chapter 11 : Cloud Platforms
- Chapter 12 : DevOps
- Chapter 13 : Wrap Up
- Title: Web Development Concepts for Everyone
- Release date: June 2023
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781805127499
You might also like
Learn to Code by Solving Problems
Computers are capable of solving almost any problem when given the right instructions. That’s where programming …
Real-World DevOps Project From Start To Finish
A DevOps project combines development and operations to streamline software delivery, emphasizing collaboration, automation, and continuous …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
Fall in Love with the Problem, Not the Solution
Unicorns-companies that reach a valuation of more than $1 billion-are rare. Uri Levine has built two. …