Chapter 22. Business user administration 777
Scenario: create marketing campaign
A marketing manager wishes to create a new marketing campaign initiative that
will target a certain group of customers using the suggestive-selling technique.
This means that the marketing manager will first have to create a customer
profile that fits the customers to be targeted by the campaign, and then the
marketing manager can create the campaign and associate it with a campaign
initiative. The steps needed to create the marketing campaign are as follows:
1. Open the WebSphere Commerce accelerator and log on as a marketing
2. From the marketing menu on the top menu bar, select
New to create a new customer profile.
4. Enter a name and description for the customer profile.
5. Enter the rest of the information for the profile by navigating through the
menus on the left bar.
6. After you enter all the criteria for this customer profile, click
OK to create the
7. From the marketing menu on the top menu bar, select
New to create a new marketing campaign.
9. Enter a name for the campaign and a description and click
Next to go to the
10.Fill out the information for the campaign sponsor and objectives, if any exists,
Finish to create the campaign.
11.When the campaign is created, the campaign page is displayed listing all the
currently available campaigns. Click
Initiatives on the right pane to go to the
campaign initiatives page.
New to create a new campaign initiative.
13.Enter a name for the initiative and select an initiative classification. Select the
campaign you just created and click
14.In the next page, select
Suggest specific products as the dynamic content
display type, since we will be using suggestive selling in the campaign
Browse to go to the Browse Catalog window, where you can select
all the products that you want to recommend to the customers in that
– After you select each product, click
Add when you finish selecting all