Chapter 2. Portal installation 63
All portal instances were restarted:
2.6 WebSphere Transcoding Publisher PTF2
Here we discuss the WebSphere Transcoding Publisher post SMP/E installation.
WebSphere Transcoding Publisher PTF2 is a full product replacement for PTF1
or a new installation. Therefore, the post installation is quite straightforward
consisting of two main steps.
Step 1: Update property files
1. Log on to a TSO session with root authority, UID=0.
2. Copy the JCL procedure EJPTPSET from UNIX System Services to your
authorized JCL library, <YOURHLQ>.JCL for instance. To do this, execute the
following command from the command prompt of the ISPF Command Shell:
– oget '<WTP_PATH>/JCL/EJPTPSET' '<YOURHLQ>.JCL(EJPTPSET)'
3. Modify the job card to meet your system requirements.
4. Set the variable BBOLIB with the HLQ dataset qualifier for the WebSphere
Application Server installation, the default is BBO.
5. Replace all occurrences of the following strings:
–Replace #WTP# with the HFS location for the WebSphere Transcoding
Publisher installation; the default is <WTP_ROOT>, and in our case we used
–Replace #INPUTFILE# with the HFS location of the WebSphere Portal input
file by doing one of the following:
• If you made a copy of <WPS_PATH>/zosinst/scripts/wps.setup.in,
during 2.5.4, “Step four: Edit the setup file” on page 37 of the
WebSphere Portal installation, and have edited that copy, specify the
complete path of your copy here.
• If you directly edited <WPS_PATH>/zosinst/scripts/wps.setup.in,
remove the #INPUTFILE# variable.
6. Submit the job EJPTPSET.
Step 2: Register plug-ins with Transcoding Publisher
1. Copy the JCL procedure from UNIX System Services to your authorized JCL
library. To do this, execute the following command from the command prompt
of the ISPF Command Shell:
– oget '<WTP_ROOT>/JCL/EJPREGPL' '<YOURHLQ>.JCL(EJPREGPL)'