Interest in the blockchain ledger that supports Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is rising in the tech community, particularly among planners in the enterprise. How will enterprise companies use blockchains? Many possibilities exist, such as recent efforts by Maersk and IBM to build a network for tracking container shipments that will integrate thousands of businesses.
In this ebook, author Mike Loukides examines how the enterprise might work with blockchains in a way that takes real advantage of the technology. Managers and strategists will start with the basics and then examine several issues that could arise when building a blockchain. You’ll also learn about current blockchain projects for digital identity, power distribution, shipping, labor, the IoT, healthcare, education, and games.
- Learn how blockchains provide strong guarantees about accuracy and consistency, even when shared by untrusted participants
- Understand Bitcoin’s intricate process for adding new blocks to its chain
- Examine how blockchains are able to maintain privacy and anonymity
- Learn about smart contracts—also known as decentralized applications or Dapps
- Explore enterprise blockchain providers, hosting companies, tools vendors, platform and framework providers, and consultancies
- Review a list of questions you need to consider when looking into a blockchain deployment
Table of contents
- What Are Enterprise Blockchains?
- Title: What Are Enterprise Blockchains?
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492041566
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Technologies for Modern Digital Entrepreneurship: Understanding Emerging Tech at the Cutting-Edge of the Web 3.0 Economy
Emerging technologies offer a plethora of unprecedented opportunities for entrepreneurs in the digital space. Understanding this …
Any programmer working with a dynamically typed language will tell you how hard it is to …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …