Companies and their customers today often don’t focus on the same things. While a restaurant may work hard to create an exciting new menu item, diners care more about courtesy. A bank will spend thousands promoting trust while customers struggle to access their website. This report explains how service design can help your organization innovate to deliver great experiences, not just great products, by understanding your customers' needs.
Service design experts Adam Lawrence, Marc Stickdorn, Markus Hormeß, and Jakob Schneider explain that service design is a mindset, a process, a toolset, and a cross-disciplinary language. You’ll learn how cross-functional teams can create and orchestrate great customer or employee experiences that satisfy the requirements of the business, the user, and other stakeholders.
This report explores how:
- Service design applies to physical and digital products as well as services
- Today’s informed customers have created a new challenge for businesses
- Service design is similar to design thinking and compatible with Agile and Lean
- Designers can promote low-risk progress through iterative prototyping
- Lightweight, iterative research can keep teams from solving the wrong problem
- This approach offers a common language for cross-silo collaboration
Table of contents
- What Is Service Design?
- 1. Why Service Design?
- 2. What Is Service Design?
- 3. The Impact on Organizations
- 4. Summary: The Principles of Service Design
- A. The 12 Commandments of Service Design Doing
- Title: What Is Service Design?
- Release date: August 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492053651
You might also like
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …