Book descriptionThe essential playbook for the future of your business
What To Do When Machines Do Everything is a guidebook to succeeding in the next generation of the digital economy. When systems running on Artificial Intelligence can drive our cars, diagnose medical patients, and manage our finances more effectively than humans it raises profound questions on the future of work and how companies compete. Illustrated with real-world cases, data, and insight, the authors provide clear strategic guidance and actionable steps to help you and your organization move ahead in a world where exponentially developing new technologies are changing how value is created.
Written by a team of business and technology expert practitioners—who also authored Code Halos: How the Digital Lives of People, Things, and Organizations are Changing the Rules of Business—this book provides a clear path to the future of your work.
The first part of the book examines the once in a generation upheaval most every organization will soon face as systems of intelligence go mainstream. The authors argue that contrary to the doom and gloom that surrounds much of IT and business at the moment, we are in fact on the cusp of the biggest wave of opportunity creation since the Industrial Revolution. Next, the authors detail a clear-cut business model to help leaders take part in this coming boom; the AHEAD model outlines five strategic initiatives—Automate, Halos, Enhance, Abundance, and Discovery—that are central to competing in the next phase of global business by driving new levels of efficiency, customer intimacy and innovation.
Business leaders today have two options: be swallowed up by the ongoing technological evolution, or ride the crest of the wave to new profits and better business. This book shows you how to avoid your own extinction event, and will help you;
- Understand the untold full extent of technology's impact on the way we work and live.
- Find out where we're headed, and how soon the future will arrive
- Leverage the new emerging paradigm into a sustainable business advantage
- Adopt a strategic model for winning in the new economy
The digital world is already transforming how we work, live, and shop, how we are governed and entertained, and how we manage our money, health, security, and relationships. Don't let your business—or your career—get left behind. What To Do When Machines Do Everything is your strategic roadmap to a future full of possibility and success. Or peril.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: When Machines Do Everything
- Chapter 2: From Stall to Boom: We've Been Here Before
- Chapter 3: There Will Be Blood
- Chapter 4: The New Machine: Systems of Intelligence
- Chapter 5: Your New Raw Materials: Data Is Better than Oil
- Chapter 6: Digital Business Models: Your Five Ways to Beat Silicon Valley
- Chapter 7: Automate: The Robots Aren't Coming; They're Here
- Chapter 8: Halo: Instrument Everything, Change the Game
- Chapter 9: Enhance: Amplify Human Performance with the New Machine
- Chapter 10: Abundance: Finding Your 10X Opportunities with the New Machine
- Chapter 11: Discovery: Manage Innovation for the Digital Economy
- Chapter 12: Competing on Code: A Call to Action from the Future
- Photo Credits
- End User License Agreement
- Title: What To Do When Machines Do Everything
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119278665
You might also like
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
Angular - The Complete Guide [2023 Edition]
Learn all the fundamentals you need to know in order to get started developing Angular applications …
Cybersecurity and Third-Party Risk
STRENGTHEN THE WEAKEST LINKS IN YOUR CYBERSECURITY CHAIN Across the world, the networks of hundreds of …
DevOps with GIT(Flow) Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, ELK, JIRA
Complete Hands-On DevOps course that will demonstrate efficient use of DevOps Tool Chain About This Video …