This Wrox Blox is for .NET developers who already have experience developing web applications with ASP.NET MVC and want to learn the new features introduced in the new release of ASP.NET MVC. ASP.NET MVC 2 has been built with the goal to increase productivity and make ASP.NET MVC ready for enterprise development. This Wrox Blox guides the reader through the new features by explaining how to use data scaffolding and automatic validation, how to write custom validators, how to create multi-area projects, and how and when to use async controllers. It also covers the new automatic HTML Encoding feature introduced in ASP.NET 4 and how it helps increasing the security of ASP.NET MVC web applications. In addition, it provides examples built both with Visual Studio 2010 and with the still supported Visual Studio 2008.
Table of Contents
1. What's New in ASP.NET MVC 2?
- 1.1. Introducing ASP.NET MVC 2
- 1.2. Templated Helpers and Model Metadata
- 1.3. Areas
- 1.4. Asynchronous Controllers
- 1.5. RenderAction and Child Actions
- 1.6. Strongly Typed UI Helpers
- 1.7. Enhancements to ModelBinders
- 1.8. Automatic HTML-Encoding
- 1.9. Enhanced Visual Studio Tooling
- 1.10. Summary
- About Simone Chiaretta
- Title: What's New in ASP.NET MVC 2?
- Release date: May 2010
- Publisher(s): Wrox Blox
- ISBN: 9780470767481