New Java releases continue to arrive at a rapid pace. The community now receives a new Java version with features and bug fixes about every two months. The latest edition of this ebook examines many added and removed items in Java 12, including a new preview feature that lets you try out functionality not yet ready for production.
Software engineer and consultant Benjamin Muschko uses code examples to explore new features such as the teeing collector, the string indentation and transformation APIs, and support for Unicode 11. With this ebook, you can determine whether it’s worthwhile to upgrade now or wait until the next Java release.
This edition covers:
- Latest features and API enhancements: Using compact number formatting and exploring new methods for comparing files are just two examples.
- Preview features: Evaluate the proposed switch expressions feature and provide feedback to the Java team.
- Removed APIs and deprecations: Learn about several features and APIs that have been removed in this release.
- Performance and security: Discover why improvements to the G1 garbage collector are among Java 12’s biggest selling points.
Table of contents
What’s New in Java 12?
- New Features
- Preview Features
- Removed Features and APIs
- Performance and Security
- Title: What's New in Java 12?
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492058236
You might also like
What's New in Java 11?
The Java release train is moving faster than ever. Beginning with Java 9 in 2017, the …
Kotlin for Android App Development
Write More Robust and Maintainable Android Apps with Kotlin “Peter Sommerhoff takes a practical approach to …
Mobile Sensors and Context-Aware Computing
Mobile Sensors and Context-Aware Computing is a useful guide that explains how hardware, software, sensors, and …
SmartWatch Design Fundamentals : WatchFace Design for Samsung Galaxy SmartWatches
Gain concepts central to smartwatch design, editing and animation correction using the popular open source Galaxy …