New Java releases continue to arrive at a rapid pace. The community now receives a new Java version with features and bug fixes about every two months. The latest edition of this ebook examines many added and removed items in Java 12, including a new preview feature that lets you try out functionality not yet ready for production.
Software engineer and consultant Benjamin Muschko uses code examples to explore new features such as the teeing collector, the string indentation and transformation APIs, and support for Unicode 11. With this ebook, you can determine whether it’s worthwhile to upgrade now or wait until the next Java release.
This edition covers:
- Latest features and API enhancements: Using compact number formatting and exploring new methods for comparing files are just two examples.
- Preview features: Evaluate the proposed switch expressions feature and provide feedback to the Java team.
- Removed APIs and deprecations: Learn about several features and APIs that have been removed in this release.
- Performance and security: Discover why improvements to the G1 garbage collector are among Java 12’s biggest selling points.
Table of contents
What’s New in Java 12?
- New Features
- Preview Features
- Removed Features and APIs
- Performance and Security
- Title: What's New in Java 12?
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492058236
You might also like
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Head First Design Patterns
What’s so special about design patterns? At any given moment, someone struggles with the same software …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …