When Professionals Have to Lead presents an overarching framework better suited to such complexity. It identifies the four critical activities for effective PSF leadership: setting strategic direction, securing commitment to this direction, facilitating execution, and setting a personal example. Through examples from consulting practices, accounting firms, investment banks, and other professional service organizations, industry veterans DeLong, Gabarro, and Lees show how this model works to:
• Align your firm’s culture and key organizational components.
• Satisfy your clients’ needs without sacrificing essential managerial responsibilities.
• Address matters of size, scale, and complexity while maintaining the qualities that make professional services firms unique.
A valuable new resource, this book redefines the role of leadership in professional services firms.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- 1 - From Virtual Management to Highly Demanding Clients
- 2 - The Integrated Leader
- 3 - Professional Service Firms
- 4 - Product-Intensive Professional Services
- 5 - Practice Segmentation
- 6 - The Strategic Imperative
- 7 - The High-Need-for-Achievement Personality
- 8 - The Essential B Player
- 9 - The Challenge of Connection
- About the Authors
- Title: When Professionals Have to Lead: A New Model for High Performance
- Release date: December 2007
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422117378
You might also like
Front-End Web Development: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Front-end development targets the browser, putting your applications in front of the widest range of users …
How to Speak So People Really Listen
Learn how to inspire your audience with best-selling author Paul McGee! 13 things you'll discover when …
The Evidence and Impact of Financial Globalization
The sharp realities of financial globalization become clear during crises, when winners and losers emerge. Crises …
Building Your I.T. Career: A Complete Toolkit for a Dynamic Career in Any Economy, Second Edition
Building Your I.T. Career A Complete Toolkit for a Dynamic Career in Any Economy Second Edition …