This book delivers a proactive approach to building an effective Web site that is search engine friendly and will result in better search rankings. It outlines the steps needed to bridge the gap between a Google search and a Web site, and also improve the users' experience once they get to the site. By understanding the wide variety of information-seeking strategies and the individual behaviors associated with them, this book helps information architects, Web designers/developers, SEOs/SEMs, and usability professionals build better interfaces and functionality into Web sites. Creating a satisfying user experience is the key to maximizing search effectiveness and getting conversions.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- CONTENTS AT A GLANCE
- CHAPTER 1 UNDERSTANDING SEARCH USABILITY
- CHAPTER 2 THE SCENT OF INFORMATION AND WEB SEARCH ENGINES
- CHAPTER 3 NAVIGATIONAL SEARCHES— WHERE CAN I GO?
- CHAPTER 4 INFORMATIONAL SEARCHES— WHAT CAN I LEARN?
- CHAPTER 5 TRANSACTIONAL SEARCHES— WHAT CAN I DO?
- CHAPTER 6 THE SCENT OF INFORMATION AND LANDING PAGES
- CHAPTER 7 SEARCH USABILITY AND YOUR SITE’S SUCCESS
- CHAPTER 8 SEARCH USABILITY IS EVERYONE’S JOB
- CHAPTER 9 HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE’S SEARCH USABILITY
- Title: When Search Meets Web Usability
- Release date: March 2009
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780321637239
You might also like
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Machine Learning with R, the tidyverse, and mlr
Machine Learning with R, the tidyverse, and mlr gets you started in machine learning using R …