O'Reilly logo

Who Say's It's a Man's World by Ann Rhoades, Emily Bennington

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

 

CHAPTER ONE

getting rid of the“hob” on your brain

Learning to take responsibility for the nature of our thoughts is the most powerful way to take responsibility for our lives.

—Marianne Williamson

AMBITION GAP, schmambition gap.

Women aren’t 16 percent of board directors and corporate officers because the other 84 percent don’t want the job. Obviously, there’s something else going on.

Glass ceiling, you say?

In some cases perhaps, but in others . . . well, we’re simply holding ourselves back. Because as much as we all like to wear our best corporate armor at work (“I’m a pit bull in lipstick, bitches!”), the truth is that a lot of us hit an inner glass ceiling long before we ever approach an outer one.

So let’s start with that.

For example, ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required