Relentless focus on customer experience, continuous (and fast) iteration, and empathy are hallmarks of today's most successful businesses. Those practices are also core tenets of design thinking—and it's crucial for business leaders to master them, in addition to classic "business thinking" skills like strategic planning and direction setting.
In this report, Holly O’Driscoll, founder and CEO of design thinking consultancy Ampersand Innovation, explains why the best leaders employ design thinking alongside business thinking to inspire creative breakthroughs and innovations.
- Learn why successful business leaders are masters of both deductive reasoning and the more open-ended work of imagining possibilities that challenge assumptions
- Understand how to synthesize right-brain business thinking with left-brain design thinking to deliver results
- See how a focus on customers' needs led to the creation of innovative products at Gillette and Ring
- Title: Why Design Thinking Is Good Business Thinking
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492026136
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Product Design vs. Design Thinking
Product design tends to jump between business thinking and creative thinking, but design thinking blends them …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …