Created specifically for the web frontend, Elm eliminates many of the most common pain points of frontend development. Runtime exceptions are practically nonexistent, and refactoring is largely painless because of the strength and user-friendliness of Elm’s compiler. This report explains how you can adopt Elm into your projects incrementally.
- Learn how to read Elm’s expression-oriented code
- Discover why data immutability is one of the key features of Elm’s type system
- Become familiar with Elm’s variant of the Model-View-Controller architecture
- Explore Elm tooling, including the package manager, debugger, automatic code formatter, and the testing framework
- Compare two Elm packages—Elm CSS and Elm Style Animation—to similar frontend solutions
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Elm?
- 2. Reading Elm
- 3. Why Types?
- 4. The Elm Architecture
- 5. Elm Tooling
- 6. A Tour of the Ecosystem
- 7. So, Why Elm?
- Title: Why Elm?
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491980002