Innovative organizations today are reaping the benefits of combining data from a variety of internal and external sources. By collecting, storing, analyzing, and leveraging external data, these companies are able to outperform competitors by unlocking improvements in growth, productivity, and risk management. This report explains how you can harness the power of external data to boost analytics, find competitive advantages, and drive value.
Author Joseph D. Stec explains how clever companies are now using advanced analytics tools that can simultaneously collect, mix, and match diverse data from disparate data sources. This enables them to improve products and brand loyalty, generate better conversions, identify trends earlier, and pinpoint additional ways to improve customer satisfaction.
With this report, you will:
- Learn how external data elevates and enhances the way you analyze and interpret data outside of your apps or databases
- Dive into the nuts and bolts of external data platforms to solve key challenges
- Understand how new technology makes external data easier to use with analytics
- Learn how an external data platform fits into your data architecture
- Gain access to relevant external data signals with Explorium, an automated external data management platform
- Unlock improvements in growth, productivity, and risk management
Table of contents
1. Why Use External Data in Your Analytics?
- Fusing Internal Data with the Right External Data
- Data Hunters Know That Quality Always Outfoxes Quantity
How Does External Data Improve Analytics?
- Learning About the Power of External Data from Your Next Dinner Delivery
- Data Is Food for AI, So Don’t Feed It Junk
- Differentiating Data Providers from Data Marketplaces
- What Are Data Signals?
- “Spray and Pray” Marketing Methods Are Being Replaced with More Personalized Interactions That Use Relevant External Data
- What Are Data Features?
- 2. How New Technology Is Making External Data Easier to Use with Analytics
- 3. How an External Data Platform Fits into Your Data Architecture
- 4. Getting Started with External Data Today
- About the Author
- Title: Why External Data Needs to Be Part of Your Data and Analytics Strategy
- Release date: January 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098120122
You might also like
Modern Analytics Methodologies: Driving Business Value with Analytics
Create a complete roadmap for capitalizing on analytics to grow topline revenue and build shareholder value …
Advanced Analytics Methodologies: Driving Business Value with Analytics
Advanced Analytics Methodologies is today's definitive guide to analytics implementation for MBA and university-level business students …
Monetizing Your Data
Transforming data into revenue generating strategies and actions Organizations are swamped with data—collected from web traffic, …
Business Intelligence Strategy and Big Data Analytics
Business Intelligence Strategy and Big Data Analytics is written for business leaders, managers, and analysts - …