It’s often difficult to separate hype from reality when it comes to evaluating new technologies, and that’s certainly true of reactive programming. In this report, author Konrad Malawski analyzes reactive principles, and explains how and when it makes sense to adopt this relatively new programming paradigm for systems design.
Many ideas behind the reactive paradigm aren’t new, such as the actor-based programming model, but with recent trends in cloud computing, mobile app development, and the rise of the IoT sector, reactive is taking off in mainstream enterprise software development. This report takes you on a deep dive into the technical aspects of reactive and explores areas where this architecture can be a good fit for your organization.
- Reactive on the application level: apply reactive principles within a single application, and understand its impact on resource utilization
- Reactive on the system level: examine the architectural and organizational impact of distributed reactive applications
- Building blocks of reactive systems: learn about several tools that will facilitate your move toward reactive programming
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Reactive on the Application Level
- 3. Reactive on the System Level
- 4. Building Blocks of Reactive Systems
- Title: Why Reactive?
- Release date: October 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491961575
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Modern Java in Action
Modern Java in Action connects new features of the Java language with their practical applications. Using …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …