PERSPECTIVE AND ISSUES
ASC 815, Derivatives, contains eight subtopics:
- ASC 815-10, Overall, which contains two Subsections:
- Certain Contracts on Debt and Equity Securities
- ASC 815-15, Embedded Derivatives
- ASC 815-20, Hedging—General
- ASC 815-25, Fair Value Hedges
- ASC 815-30, Cash Flow Hedges
- ASC 815-35, Net Investment Hedges
- ASC 815-40, Contracts in Entity's Own Equity
- ASC 815-45, Weather Derivatives.
ASC 815-40 and ASC 815-45 address guidance on accounting for contracts that have characteristics of derivative instruments but that are not accounted for as derivative instruments under ASC 815. The other Subtopics provide guidance on accounting for derivative instruments and hedging activities. ASC 815-10 focuses on whether a contract meets the definition of a derivative instrument. ...