In This Chapter
• Learning About Internet Threats and Risks to Your Privacy
• Understanding How to Defend Yourself Against Internet Threats
• Learning About Windows Defender
• Learning About SmartScreen, InPrivate Browsing, and Windows Firewall
• Managing Your User IDs and Passwords
Just like people, computers can catch a nasty virus and may even stop functioning. Periodic Windows updates and reliable antivirus software can do much to protect a computer from dangers that lurk on the Internet. However, the biggest threat to the health of a computer is actually the person using the computer!
You inadvertently can expose your computer to viruses or malware simply by visiting a disreputable website, ...