Manage and control Internet-connected devices from Windows and Raspberry Pi. Master the Windows IoT Core application programming interface and feature set to develop Internet of Things applications on the Raspberry Pi using your Windows and .NET programming skills. Windows 10 for the Internet of Things presents a set of example projects covering a wide range of techniques designed specifically to jump start your own Internet of Things creativity. You'll learn everything you need to know about Windows IoT Core in order to develop Windows and IoT applications that run on the Pi.
Microsoft's release of Windows IoT Core is groundbreaking in how it makes the Raspberry Pi and Internet of Things programming accessible to Windows developers. Now it's possible to develop for the Raspberry Pi using native Windows and all the related programming skills that Windows programmers have learned from developing desktop and mobile applications. Windows 10 becomes a gateway by which many can experience hardware and Internet of Things development who may never have had the opportunity otherwise.
However, even savvy Windows programmers require help to get started with hardware development. This book, Windows 10 for the Internet of Things, provides just the help you need to get started in putting your Windows skills to use in a burgeoning new world of development for small devices that are ubiquitously connected to the Internet.
What You Will Learn
Learn Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi
Read sensor data and control actuators
Connect to and transmit data into the cloud
Remotely control your devices from any web browser
Develop IOT applications under Windows using C# and Python
Store your IOT data in a database for later analysis
Who This Book Is For
Developers and enthusiasts wanting to take their skills in Windows development and jump on board one of the largest and fastest growing trends to hit the technology world in years – that of connecting everyday devices to the Internet. This book shows how to develop for Microsoft's operating-system for devices, Windows 10 IoT Core. Readers learn to develop in C# and Python using Visual Studio, for deployment on devices such as the Raspberry Pi and the Ardunio.
Table of contents
- 1. What Is the Internet of Things?
- 2. Introducing the Windows 10 IoT Core
- 3. Introducing the Raspberry Pi
- 4. Developing IoT Solutions with Windows 10
- 5. Windows 10 IoT Development with C++
- 6. Windows 10 IoT Development with C#
- 7. Windows 10 IoT Development with Python
- 8. Electronics for Beginners
- 9. The Adafruit Microsoft IoT Pack for Raspberry Pi
- 10. Project 1: Building an LED Power Meter
- 11. Project 2: Measuring Light
- 12. Project 3: Using Weather Sensors
- 13. Project 4: Using MySQL to Store Data
- 14. Project 5: Using a Web Server to Control Hardware
- 15. Project 6: Windows IoT and Arduino
- 16. Azure IoT Solutions: Cloud Services
- 17. Where to Go from Here?
- Title: Windows 10 for the Internet of Things
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484221082
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …