The Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) pattern is held in high regard by many developers as an excellent way of creating sophisticated modern applications. It's clear seperation of presentation and business logic produces a clean implementation that promotes speed, scalability and code reuse in applications with a complex UI. These strengths have found it favor with WPF and Silverlight developers. It is now increasingly being employed for Windows 8 apps, a purpose to which it is ideally suited as this book will show.
What you'll learn
How the MVVM pattern can bring elegance, power, speed and reusability to your Windows 8 apps.
That MVVM implementations under Windows 8 differ from MVVM implementations under .NET.
Produce fully working Metro-style applications using XAML and HTML5
How you can use the popular KnockoutJS Framework to speed the development of your HTML5 Metro apps.
Essential tips, tricks and cautions that will allow you to bring your existing .NET skills to bear quickly in the Windows 8 world.
Who this book is for
This is a fast-paced guide for developers comfortable with both .NET programming and the fundamentals of Windows 8 development.
Table of contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Setting Up Windows 8 Application Project
- Chapter 2: Implementing the View
Chapter 3: Implementing the Model
- Define Serializable and Deserializable Stocks Data Model
- Define enum to support Add and Remove Stocks Actions
- Define a Class for Event Arguments of Add and Remove Stocks Actions
- Create a Helper Class to Store and Retrieve Stocks Watchlist in the Local Data Storage
- Add SimulatedRandomStocksDetail.csv File
- Chapter 4: Implementing the ViewModel
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430249085
You might also like
Windows 8.1 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed
Full color: Learn how to build great Windows Store apps! Figures and code appear as they …
Building Windows 8 Apps with C# and XAML
“Jeremy builds real apps for real customers. That’s why I can heartily recommend this book. Go …
Pro WPF in C# 2010: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4
This book shows you how WPF really works. It provides you with the no-nonsense, practical advice …
WPF Programmer's Reference: Windows Presentation Foundation with C# 2010 and .NET 4
Build effective user interfaces with Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is included with the …