Windows Forensic Analysis DVD Toolkit, 2nd Edition, is a completely updated and expanded version of Harlan Carvey's best-selling forensics book on incident response and investigating cybercrime on Windows systems. With this book, you will learn how to analyze data during live and post-mortem investigations.
New to this edition is Forensic Analysis on a Budget, which collects freely available tools that are essential for small labs, state (or below) law enforcement, and educational organizations. The book also includes new pedagogical elements, Lessons from the Field, Case Studies, and War Stories that present real-life experiences by an expert in the trenches, making the material real and showing the why behind the how. The companion DVD contains significant, and unique, materials (movies, spreadsheet, code, etc.) not available anyplace else because they were created by the author.
This book will appeal to digital forensic investigators, IT security professionals, engineers, and system administrators as well as students and consultants.
- Best-Selling Windows Digital Forensic book completely updated in this 2nd Edition
- Learn how to Analyze Data During Live and Post-Mortem Investigations
- DVD Includes Custom Tools, Updated Code, Movies, and Spreadsheets!
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Table of Contents
- Technical Editor
- Author's Acknowledgments
- Chapter 1. Live Response
- Chapter 2. Live Response
- Chapter 3. Windows Memory Analysis
- Chapter 4. Registry Analysis
- Chapter 5. File Analysis
- Chapter 6. Executable File Analysis
- Chapter 7. Rootkits and Rootkit Detection
- Chapter 8. Tying It All Together
- Chapter 9. Performing Analysis on a Budget
- Title: Windows Forensic Analysis DVD Toolkit, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780080957036
You might also like
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Malware Data Science
"Security has become a ""big data"" problem. The growth rate of malware has accelerated to tens …
Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools
Optimize Windows system reliability and performance with Sysinternals IT pros and power users consider the free …
Linux Basics for Hackers
If you’re getting started along the exciting path of hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting, Linux Basics for …