Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL:
- Sign into Windows Live Messenger
- Adjust your sign-in options
- Set up contacts and groups
- Send instant messages
- Invite others into conversations
- Respond when you're contacted
- Block people from sending you instant messages
- Personalize and customize Windows Live Messenger
- Move beyond text instant messages
WHEN YOU think of Windows Live Messenger, you probably imagine people sending short bursts of text to each other. The latest version of Messenger takes online chatting to a whole new level of sophistication. Sure, you can still send those little text blurbs back and forth with a friend, but now you can also share photos, do audio/video calling, play games together, and even host chats for entire groups of people.
Windows Live Messenger has become such a key part of people's lives online that it has been used for things like marriage proposals and long-distance holiday celebrations. When you can't be somewhere in person, and a telephone conversation just won't do, being able to connect with friends and family over Windows Live Messenger becomes the ideal way to stay in touch.
NOTE Windows Live Messenger marked its 10th anniversary in 2009. More than 300 million people all around the world use it to ...