Chapter 5. Content Controls, Items Controls, and Range Controls
In This Chapter
• Element alignment effects on sizing
• Using buttons
• Data binding CheckBoxes and RadioButtons to viewmodel collections
• Binding to the ListBox.SelectedItems property
• Using a BackgroundWorker to update a progress bar asynchronously
• Understanding implicit ListBoxItems
Silverlight for Windows Phone provides an extraordinarily diverse and rich set of controls, from layout to media controls, form elements suitable for line of business applications, to even multiscale image support (a.k.a. Deep Zoom). This was made possible by leveraging the existing controls and platform maturity of Silverlight for the browser.
Yet, bringing Silverlight to the phone was no mean ...