Chapter 19. Camera
In This Chapter
• Capturing image stills with the PhotoCamera
• Displaying video with the PhotoCamera
• Controlling the camera’s flash and autofocus, and resolution of captured images
• Saving images to the media library and linking to them from thumbnails stored in isolated storage
• Capturing audio and video with the CaptureSource class
• Leveraging the hardware shutter button
The camera has become an essential component of all mobile phones. Indeed, the manufacturing requirements for Windows Phone devices require them to have a camera with at least a 5 megapixel capability and an LED flash.
Most of the first generation Windows Phone devices, however, did not have great cameras. New phones that have arrived after Windows ...