Chapter 24. Network Services
In This Chapter
• Reliably determining whether a network connection is available
• Understanding network connection priorities
• Monitoring the network connection state
• Consuming an OData service
• Fetching data when the user scrolls to the end of a ListBox
Network services have the potential to broaden your app’s capabilities by connecting it to a vast collection of online resources. Many services such as Twitter and Facebook offer web APIs that allow your app to interact or even extend the services.
Windows Phone devices have low power mobile processors, which limit their processing power. By leveraging network services, your app can provide capabilities more akin to a desktop application.
This chapter begins ...