Chapter 10. Domain Name System and IPv6
In This Chapter
- Understanding the Need for DNS
- Getting Started with DNS on Windows Server 2008
- Resource Records
- Understanding DNS Zones
- Performing Zone Transfers
- Understanding DNS Queries
- Other DNS Components
- Understanding the Evolution of Microsoft DNS
- DNS in Windows Server 2008
- DNS in an Active Directory Domain Services Environment
- Troubleshooting DNS
- IPv6 Introduction
- How to Configure IPv6 on Windows Server 2008
Name resolution is a key component in any network operating system (NOS) implementation. The capability of any one resource to locate other resources is the centerpiece of a functional network. Consequently, the name-resolution strategy chosen for a particular NOS must be robust and reliable, ...
Get Windows Server 2008 Unleashed now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.