Site links establish connectivity between domain controllers to allow Active Directory replication to be managed and scheduled. The Active Directory database, Global Catalog, group policies, and the domain controller SYSVOL directory replicate according to the replication schedule configured in a site link. For more information about site links, see Chapter 7.
To create an IP-based site link, follow these steps:
1. Launch Server Manager on a domain controller.
2. Expand the Tools menu and run Active Directory Sites and Services.
3. Expand the Sites folder.
4. Expand the Inter-Site Transports folder, and select the IP folder.
5. Right-click the IP container and select New Site Link.
6. Enter a name for the site link, select ...