Controlling Unhealthy VPN Clients
The previous example had everything going smoothly with no health issues. However, if the client had failed the health validation checks, the failing items will be remediated. The health validation check that was configured was to check for Windows Firewall being enabled. To test the health remediation capabilities, we’ll turn off the Windows Firewall and then connect again:
1. On the VPN client, select Start, Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on Windows Firewall.
4. Click on Turn Windows Firewall On OR Off.
5. Select the Off (Not Recommended) option button, and click OK.
The client is now in an unhealthy state, as defined by the health policy. Let’s see what happens when the client connects ...