Creating a Virtual Desktop Template
When you are building out a VDI environment, the RD Virtualization Host server needs to have a working template on the system that’ll be the basis of the creation of other virtual guest sessions.
1. Log on to the server that’ll be your RD Virtualization host.
2. Launch Server Manager, if it isn’t already running.
3. Launch Hyper-V Manager by clicking on Tools in the upper right of Server Manager.
4. Create a guest session in Hyper-V; from the actions pane, choose New, Virtual Machine. The New Virtual Machine Wizard will launch.
5. Click Next to continue past the initial Before You Begin screen.
6. Give your virtual machine a name that will be descriptive of the virtual guest session you are creating, such as ...