Failover Clustering Installation
The installation procedure for Failover Clustering is not that much different from that of Windows Server 2008/R2. Failover Clustering is considered a feature in Windows Server 2012, much as it was in Windows Server 2008 R2. Failover Cluster consists of the following components:
- Failover Clustering feature
- Failover Cluster Management tools (These include the Failover Cluster Manager and the Cluster-Aware Updating UI.)
- Failover cluster modules for PowerShell
- Failover Cluster Automation Server (This is the deprecated COM programmatic interface MSClus.)
- Failover cluster command interface (This is the deprecated cluster.exe command-line tool.)
The Failover Clustering feature can be installed by using either Server ...
Get Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Installation and Configuration Guide now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.