6+ Hours of Video Instruction
More than 6 hours of video instruction designed to prepare you for Microsoft exam 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016.
Windows Server 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 Complete Video Course covers the five objective domains for the Windows Server 70-742 exam. You learn concepts and see live demonstrations on how to complete administrative tasks associated with Windows Server 2016. Whether you’re new to Windows Server 2016 Identity Services or preparing to take the Microsoft Windows Server 70-742 exam, this course is designed for you.
In this course, you learn how to install, configure, and manage the different services associated with identities in Windows Server 2016, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Certificate Services, and Rights Management Services. You also explore the different post-installation tasks, including configuration of domains and forests; management of users, computers, groups, and organizational units; and configuration of group policies.
Throughout each lesson, trainer and author Brian Alderman works on virtual machines in a lab environment, as you probably will in preparation for the exam. Follow along to get hands-on experience with these tools. The more time you spend actually working with Active Directory in Windows Server 2016, the better your chances will be of passing the exam.
About the Instructor
Brian Alderman is a Microsoft MVP. Since 1995, he has held several Microsoft certifications that currently include MCT, MCSE for SharePoint, MCSA for Office 365, MCITP for SQL Server(R), MCSA and MCSE for Windows Server(R), and also his PMP certification. As a Senior Technical Instructor and Consultant, he has 30 years of experience in networking, SQL Server databases, SharePoint technologies, and project management. Brian's publications include Windows 2000 Professional, SQL Server 2000 Administration, SharePoint 2010 Administrator's Companion, and Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Administration Inside Out. He is an active speaker at SharePoint Industry conferences, including SharePoint Saturday's, SPLive, DevIntersection, SharePoint Fest, Microsoft Ignite, and several international SharePoint conferences, including London, Milan, and Madrid. Brian has a BS and MS in Computer Information Systems where he graduated summa cum laude from Regis University of Colorado Springs. He now lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, where he enjoys playing golf year-round and traveling around the world.
- Familiarity with core networking technologies
- Some IT experience, including exposure to Windows Server, Windows clients, and virtualization
- Install and configure Active Directory Domain Services in simple and complex environments
- Create and manage users, groups, computers, and organizational units in Active Directory Users and Computers (AD UC)
- Manage and maintain Active Directory
- Create and configure group policies
- Manage and apply group policies
- Implement, configure, and manage Active Directory Certificate Services, Federation Services, and Information Rights Management Services
- Windows Server administrators preparing to take exam 70-742
- IT professionals interested in installing, configuring, and managing identity services in Windows Server 2016
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2016 operating system
- Some experience as an IT Professional is helpful
- Introductory knowledge of Active Directory directory services
Lesson 1: Install and Configure Domain Controllers
This lesson covers the process of installing Active Directory Directory Services (AD DS).
Lesson 2: Configure AD in Complex Environments
This lesson introduces a more complex AD environment, which might include multiple domains for forests and how they communicate using different types of trust relationships. We discuss the functional levels and how to upgrade them as well as how to demote a DC if it is no longer needed.
Lesson 3: Create and Manage Users and Computers
We talk about how to work with user and computer accounts in Active Directory Users and Computers (AD UC), along with working with users and computers using PowerShell, command line utilities, and the AD Administrative Center.
Lesson 4: Create and Manage AD Groups and OUs
We explore the default AD DS groups, identities, and how group nesting works in AD DS.
Lesson 5: Service Authentication and Account Policies
This covers managed services accounts (MSAs) and group MSAs or gMSAs that can be used to run apps and services rather than using standard user accounts or system accounts. We explore these account types along with the use of Service Principal Names (SPNs), virtual accounts, and how to configure the Kerberos Constrained Delegation (KCD).
Lesson 6: Maintaining Active Directory
Maintaining AD involves protecting your Active Directory data. This can be done by enabling the AD Recycle Bin or performing Windows backups. When recovering AD data, you need to perform the appropriate recovery, so we explore when to use Authoritative vs. nonauthoritative restores.
Lesson 7: Understanding and Working with GPOs
This lesson introduces group policies along with GPO categories, types, nodes, and tools that are used to configure GPOs. You learn how to configure a GPO and apply the GPO to an AD object by linking it to a container, both which can be done by using both the GUI and PowerShell.
Lesson 8: Configure Group Policy Processing
You learn how group policies are applied by default and how you can control them with the use of blocking inheritance and enforcing GPOs so that they can’t be blocked.
Lesson 9: Configure Group Policy Settings
This covers the settings that can be configured by GPOs. We explore how to manage software deployments, scripts including logon/logoff, as well as startup/shutdown scripts and folder redirection along with the permissions associated with redirection.
Lesson 10: Configure Group Policy Preferences
You learn about group policy preferences and how they can be used to configure common desktop options like printers, power options, custom registry, Control Panel options, network drive mappings, file and folder settings, and even shortcuts.
Lesson 11: Install and Configure AD Certificate Services
You learn about PKI and how to perform a two-step process to install and configure AD CS in Windows Server 2016. AD CS includes several components, so we discuss these components and their role with AD CS and look at standard versus enterprise certificate authorities.
Lesson 12: Manage Certificates
We look at managing certificates by using templates and at certificate enrollment, autoenrollment, and renewal as well as how to work with the CRL.
Lesson 13: Install and Configure AD Federation Services
We look at managing certificates by using templates and certificate enrollment, autoenrollment, and renewal, as well as how to work with the CRL.
Lesson 14: Implement Web Application Proxy (WAP)
We explore the integration of WAP and how to perform a two-step process to install and configure WAP to integrate it with AD FS, improving your authentication strategy when publishing apps and services externally.
Lesson 15: Install and Configure AD RMS
This lesson introduces and explores Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), which enables you to protect data on-prem and in transit.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of Contents
- Windows Server 70-742: Introduction 00:02:10
Module 1: Exam Domain I Install and Configure AD DS
- Module Introduction 00:00:51
- Lesson 1: Install and Configure Domain Controllers
- Lesson 2: Configure AD in Complex Environments
- Lesson 3: Create and Manage Users and Computers
- Lesson 4: Create and Manage AD Groups and OUs
Module 2: Exam Domain II Manage and Maintain AD DS
- Module Introduction 00:00:57
- Lesson 5: Service Authentication and Account Policies
Lesson 6: Maintaining Active Directory
- Learning objectives 00:00:41
- 6.1 Performing Backups and Restores in Server 2016 00:14:06
- 6.2 Managing AD Components 00:09:03
- 6.3 Configuring AD Replication Options 00:13:49
Module 3: Exam Domain III Create and Manage Group Policies
- Module Introduction 00:01:00
- Lesson 7: Understanding and Working with GPOs
- Lesson 8: Configure Group Policy Processing
- Lesson 9: Configure Group Policy Settings
- Lesson 10: Configure Group Policy Preferences
Module 4: Exam Domain IV Implement AD CS
- Module Introduction 00:00:38
- Lesson 11: Install and Configure AD Certificate Services
- Lesson 12: Managing Certificates
Module 5: Exam Domain V Implement Identity Federation and Access Solutions
- Module Introduction 00:00:51
- Lesson 13: Install and Configure AD FS
- Lesson 14: Implement Web Application Proxy (WAP)
- Lesson 15: Install and Configure AD RMS
- Windows Server 70-742: Summary 00:01:01
- Title: Windows Server 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780134844565