Windows Vista Pocket Reference is the ideal guide to setting up and navigating the basics of this new operating system, from the new user interface to networking, multimedia, security, and mobility. This pocket reference offers four sections that will familiarize readers with Vista quickly:
- Getting Started gives a crash course in using Windows Vista, including the user interface, handling files, folders, drives and search, and working with hardware.
- Networking, the Internet and Wireless offers a tour of Internet Explorer 7, a wireless networking guide, and how to set up and maintain home networks.
- Multimedia shows how to use the Media Center, Windows Media Player, and how to handle graphics and photos, podcasts and MP3 players.
- Security, Mobility, and Troubleshooting visits the security features, shows how to tune up Vista, troubleshoot problems, and use Vista with mobile devices.
Table of contents
1. A Crash Course in the Basics
- 1.1. What’s New in Windows Vista
- 1.2. Windows Vista Editions
- 1.3. Hardware Requirements
- 1.4. Windows System Performance Rating
- 1.5. The Desktop
- 1.6. Point-and-Click Operations
- 1.7. Windows and Menus
- 1.8. Files, Folders, and Disks
- 2. Shortcuts
- 3. Windows Components, Features, and Settings
4. Registry Tweaks
- 4.1. Registry Editor Crash Course
- 4.2. Registry Structure
- 4.3. Value Types
- 4.4. Registry Protection in Windows Vista
- 4.5. Registry Tweaks
- 5. The Command Prompt
- About the Author
- Title: Windows Vista Pocket Reference
- Release date: February 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596528089
You might also like
The Design of Everyday Things
First, businesses discovered quality as a key competitive edge; next came science. Now, Donald A. Norman, …
Sams Teach Yourself: iOS 9 Application Development in 24 Hours, Seventh Edition
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book. In just 24 sessions of one …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Microsoft® Access 2003 Forms, Reports and Queries
When it comes to job-productivity, we all want to be able to perform well, especially when …