Getting Your Computer to Listen
9. In the Set up Speech Recognition Wizard, click Next twice and then click Start
10. Follow the prompts and work your way through the tutorial. While you are
learning about speech recognition, Windows Speech Recognition will also train
the computer to recognize your voice.
Using Speech Recognition for Dictation
The most common way you’ll use speech recognition is for dictating documents.
You dictate documents by following these general steps:
1. Start your word processing application.
2. Create a new document or open an existing document.
3. Dictate the document.
4. Save the document.
In Microsoft Office Word or WordPad, you can use speech recognition to perform
these tasks by following these steps:
1. If speech recognition is not running, start it. Click Start, click All Programs, and
then click Accessories. Click Ease of Access, and then click Speech Recognition.
2. Say “start listening.”
3. Say “open Word” to open Microsoft Office Word or “open WordPad” to open
Figure 13-7. Reading the sample to check the input levels