Managing Your User Account
3. On the User Accounts page, click “Manage another account.”
4. On the “Choose the account you would like to change” page, you’ll see a list of
existing accounts on the computer. Click the account you want to work with.
5. On the “Make changes to...” page, click “Create a password.”
6. On the “Create a password for...account” page, shown in Figure 18-10, type a
password for the account and then confirm the password by retyping it in the
second text box.
7. Afterward, type a unique password hint. The password hint is a word or phrase
that can help this person remember the password if he forgets it. Because this
hint is visible to anyone who uses the computer, you’ll want to be careful what
you use as the hint.
8. Click “Create password.”
Create a password for an account only if this person doesn’t have
encrypted files, personal certificates, or stored passwords for web sites.
If he does have these items and you create a password, he will lose all
the associated data. To keep this from happening, simply ask him to
log on to his account and create his own password. Alternatively, you
can log on as this person and create the password for the account. Fol-
low the instructions discussed in the “Creating Your Password” sec-
tion, earlier in this chapter.
Figure 18-9. Changing the account type