Tips for Writing Good Goals and Objectives
• Make sure goals and objectives tie directly to the need statement. This is critical.
• Include all relevant parties in the target population.
• Allow plenty of time for the objectives to be accomplished. Things always take longer than planned.
• Remember that outcome objectives do not describe methods. Collaborating with the community clinics within the service area of the Some City Senior Center is a method. Stabilizing the blood sugar levels of a minimum of seventy-five monolingual Spanish-speaking seniors for three consecutive months is an outcome objective, as it describes the result of a method.
• Determine how your organization is going to measure the change projected in each objective.