Previous Praise for Winning Grants Step by Step
"Warning: this book works. It provokes you to ask the right questions, hand-holds you through practical exercises, and offers a map that includes paths to develop strategic relationships with funders."
—E. Eduardo Romero, Nonprofit Roundtable
"Winning Grants Step by Step is a very practical A-to-Z resource that speaks to the importance of staying focused on your mission every step of the way. The third edition is artfully updated with words of wisdom from grantmakers themselves, as well as updates on the latest processes and buzzwords all grantseekers need to know."
—Heather Iliff, Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations
"With solid advice and clear examples, nonprofit leaders will find it a page turner!"
—Clarence Hauer, senior director, strategy and organizational development, St. Louis Nonprofit Services Consortium
"Winning Grants Step by Step is a gift to nonprofit organizations. The valuable insights and hands-on tools will instantly make any proposal more competitive."
—Alex Carter, Your Nonprofit Coach
"Developing great grant proposals is essential for nonprofit leaders. Winning Grants Step by Step provides important guidance to those who are new to fundraising as well as to anyone who needs a refresher. This new edition of Winning Grants brings updated tips and vivid examples. As an experienced fundraising consultant, I believe it will help my clients and colleagues alike."
—Maria Gitin, CFRE, Maria Gitin & Associates
"As an executive director, fundraising is on my mind every day. It's great to have a resource like Winning Grants Step by Step to use and share with my board, staff, and peers."
—Deborah Menkart, executive director, Teaching for Change
Table of contents
- Website Contents
- List of Figures, Samples, and Worksheets
- The Author
- How to Use This Workbook
- Introduction: An Overview of the Grantseeking Process
- Step 1: Developing the Proposal Idea
- Step 2: Developing Relationships with Funders
- Step 3: Writing a Compelling Problem Statement
- Step 4: Defining Clear Goals and Objectives
- Step 5: Developing the Methods
- Step 6: Preparing the Evaluation Component
- Step 7: Developing Sustainability Strategies
Step 8: Developing the Program Budget
- General Budget Overview
- Basics of a Program Budget
- Stage 1: Review, Research, and Organize
- Stage 2: Develop the Budget
- Stage 3: Review, Update, and Review Budget Again
- Stage 4: Develop the Budget Justification
- The Budget: Final Thoughts
- Program Budget Dos and Don’ts
- Budget Review Questions
- Step 9: Writing the Organization Background Component
- Step 10: Writing the Proposal Summary
- Step 11: Putting the Package Together
- Step 12: Sustaining Relationships with Funders
- Resource A: What Is a Foundation?
- Resource B: How to Research Funders
- Resource C: Resources for Grantseekers
- Title: Winning Grants Step by Step: The Complete Workbook for Planning, Developing and Writing Successful Proposals, 4th Edition
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118378342
You might also like
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …