In Winning Investors Over, Baruch Lev draws on his own and other finance scholars’ research to present authoritative, often surprising instructions for dealing intelligently with Wall Street—and boosting your company’s earnings and stock price. Through rigorous data analysis and real-life cases, Lev shows how to:
• Understand and address investors’ concerns to secure ongoing funding and support from the capital markets
• Deliver disappointing news effectively to investors
• Build, rebuild, and maintain credibility on Wall Street
• Buy time for your company’s recovery from activist shareholders and hedge fund raiders
• Structure your compensation to win shareholders’ support
Winning Investors Over demonstrates that despite the uncertainty that characterizes Wall Street today, you can still craft a mutually beneficial, long-term partnership with investors.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: In Plain Sight
- 1. It’s Not the End of the World
- 2. Do We Have a Story for You
- 3. To Manage or Not to Manage Earnings?
- 4. Kill All the Lawyers?
- 5. Nothing in Excess
- 6. Guiding the Misguided
- 7. Life Beyond GAAP
- 8. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
- 9. Is Doing Good, Good for Business?
- 10. In the Long Run, We’re All Dead
- 11. Breathing Down Your Neck
- 12. Looking Out for You, Dear Shareholder
- 13. Excess or Excellence?
- 14. What Then Must We Do?
- About the Author
- Title: Winning Investors Over: Surprising Truths About Honesty, Earnings Guidance, and Other Ways to Boost Your Stock Price
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422115022
You might also like
Excel® 2013 In Depth
Get more out of Microsoft Excel® 2013: more productivity and better answers for greater success! Drawing …
The Supply Chain Management Casebook: Comprehensive Coverage and Best Practices in SCM
30 up-to-date case studies illuminate every aspect of modern supply chain management • Risk management, analytics, …
Cyber Conflict: Competing National Perspectives
Today, cyber security, cyber defense, information warfare and cyber warfare issues are among the most relevant …
Stop Playing Safe: Rethink Risk. Unlock the Power of Courage. Achieve Outstanding Success
Tap the power of courage and achieve greater clarity, confidence, and satisfaction in your work and …