Build a Loyal Team of Problem Solvers
“No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.”
When something goes wrong, it’s often not the problem itself that’s so devastating, it’s what happens to an employee’s confidence. One of the best ways to support your employees is to help them recover from a bad “last time.”
• “The last time I gave someone feedback, he cried.”
• “The last time I was honest with my boss, I got a negative review.”
• “The last time I presented to senior management, I got so nervous I forgot what I was going to say.”
• “The last time I stayed up late working on a report, they didn’t even look at it.”
• “The last time I interviewed, it turned out the job had already been promised to someone else.” ...