Book descriptionUse past performance to win contracts and deliver results at the lowest risk and cost!
The federal government has focused on past performance to rank bidders for almost two decades, yet both the collection and use of past performance information remain disjointed, siloed, and not fully understood in government or industry. Nonetheless, contractors' livelihoods depend on how the government collects and uses their past performance information.
Winning with Past Performance: Strategies for Industry and Government aims to enhance awareness and understanding of past performance processes as well as to promote smart business practices on both the buyer and seller sides of the equation. The authors examine all aspects of past performance, including using feedback to improve performance, the government's evolving use of past performance, and the future of past performance as an evaluation tool.
Winning with Past Performance brings it all together on the subject of past performance and is a ready reference for buyers, sellers, policymakers, contracting professionals, and service providers.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- CHAPTER 1: Past Performance in Context
- CHAPTER 2: The Past Performance Cycle
- CHAPTER 3: Past Performance as Storytelling
- CHAPTER 4: Past Performance Information
- CHAPTER 5: Past Performance Evaluations
- CHAPTER 6: Disputes and Protests
- CHAPTER 7: The Changing Face of Past Performance
CHAPTER 8: The Future of Past Performance
- Shorter Cycle Times
- Increased Standardization and Digitization
- Increased Analyzability of Information in Repositories
- More Robust Reviewer Identity
- Increased Reviewer Accountability
- Increased Access to Information
- Broader Participation in Reviews
- More Interaction Between Buyers, Sellers, and Interested Parties
- More Prominent Use of Social Responsibility Metrics
- Past Performance as a True Indicator of Future Performance
- ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
- Title: Winning with Past Performance
- Release date: April 2015
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781567264494