More Than 8 Hours of Expert Video Instruction
The Wireshark for Wireless LANs LiveLessons video training course offers more than eight hours of expert instruction on troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks using Wireshark.
Presented by Jerome Henry and James Garringer, Wireshark for Wireless LANs LiveLessons illuminates all the techniques you need to quickly identify and resolve real wireless network problems with Wireshark. Its nine well-organized lessons and 53 concise sublessons teach through real examples, easy-to-follow animations, and detailed audio explanations.
Experienced network engineers James Garringer and Jerome Henry thoroughly explain the crucial 802.11 concepts you need to master in order to troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks with Wireshark. They guide you through capturing and analyzing data at both physical and higher layers, and offer expert help with specific problems, such as dropped connections and slow performance.
If you’re responsible for a wireless network, Wireshark for Wireless LANs LiveLessons will help you improve its reliability and performance‚Äîand your own efficiency and effectiveness.
- Setting up your software and hardware for efficient wireless capture
- Understanding channels, contention detection, thresholds, and 802.11 b/g/n/ac physical layers
- Recognizing key clues in Layer 2 headers and frame check sequences
- Decrypting and displaying wireless captures, so it makes sense
- Customizing filters specifically for Wi-Fi exchanges
- Using advanced tools to view traffic from a higher vantage point
- Pinpointing problems by exploring management, control, data frames, and retransmissions
- Troubleshooting slow, failed, and intermittent connections
- Gaining deeper insights with statistical analysis and pattern recognition
Aout the Instructors
James Garringer (Atlanta, GA), CWNE, is an experienced consulting engineer who specializes in Wi-Fi and networking for education, healthcare, and enterprise customers throughout the United States Mr. Garringer has a special interest in Wireshark and protocol analysis, and has spent considerable time performing frame and packet analysis in customer and lab environments. A Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE No. 179), he also serves on the CWNP Board of Advisors, and on the WLAN Advisory Board. He has more than ten years of experience as a speaker and teacher. James is also the author of Wireshark Fundamentals Livelessons.
Jerome Henry (Pittsboro, NC), CWNE and CCIE Wireless, is Principal Engineer at Cisco focusing on Wi-Fi products. He has 15+ years of experience teaching technical Cisco courses and products in 15 countries and four languages. Through 15,000+ hours in the classroom, he has taught audiences ranging from college students to Cisco engineers. He holds Certified Wireless Networking Expert (CWNE No. 45), CCIE Wireless (No. 24750), has authored several books on Cisco wireless technologies, and has developed multiple Cisco courses on wireless topics, including Wireshark Fundamentals LiveLessons; CCNA Wireless 200-355 Complete Video Course, IoT Fundamentals, and more.
Learn How To
- Capture the channels you need, even from remote sources
- Understand the crucial role of Layer 1 data in wireless troubleshooting
- Uncover key Layer 2 details and recognize what they mean
- Efficiently capture wireless traffic and decrypt encrypted traffic
- Discover the best ways to filter wireless captures
- Manage large wireless captures from the command line
- Identify issues by assessing key management, control, and data frames
- Quickly troubleshoot slow or dropped connections
- Export wireless capture data for industrial-strength pattern analysis
Who Should Take This Course
For all network engineers and other network professionals at all levels who need to troubleshoot wireless networks.
Requires a basic understanding of networking and Wi-Fi.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson’s expert-led video tutorials teach you the technology skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT certification, programming, web and mobile development, networking, security, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Setting up the Capture Environment
- Lesson 2: RF Basics--Layer 1
- Lesson 3: MAC Header--Layer 2
- Lesson 4: Dissecting a Captured Frame
- Lesson 5: Filtering Wireless Traffic
- Lesson 6: Wireshark Advanced Tools
- Lesson 7: Common Symptoms Part 1
- Lesson 8: Common Symptoms Part 2
Lesson 9: Statistical Analysis and Pattern Recognition
- Learning objectives
- 9.1 Selecting Data to Export
- 9.2 Graphing in Excel
- 9.3 Examples of Pattern Recognition in Excel
- 9.4 Probe as Happiness Index
- 9.5 Configuration Comparisons and Voice Performance
- 9.6 Rate Shifting Pattern Measurement
- 9.7 Pattern General Case
- 9.8 Using Other Graphing Tools
- 9.9 Sharing Your Findings
- Title: Wireshark for Wireless LANs
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134767527
You might also like
Open Shortest Path First OSPF Routing Protocol LiveLessons
Lesson 1: OSPF in Context Learning objectives 1.1 Routing Protocol Types 1.2 The Distance Vector Approach …
Python Network Programming for Network Engineers (Python 3)
Get to grips with the modern tools and technology available to automate networks quickly and easily. …
Large-Scale Network Design: Best practices for designing elegant, scalable, and programmable networks with OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, and BGP routing protocols
9+ Hours of Video Instruction Large Scale Network Design LiveLessons takes you through the concepts behind …
WiFi Hacking: Wireless Penetration Testing for Beginners
A Complete Guide to Hacking WiFi (WEP, WPA, and WPA2) Wireless Security and How to Exploit …