Nearly 5 Hours of Expert Video Instruction
The Wireshark Fundamentals LiveLessons video training course offers nearly 5 hours of expert instruction on using the free, open source Wireshark to troubleshoot Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks, and the protocols they transport.
Presented by instructors who’ve helped thousands of professionals master advanced networking,
Wireshark Fundamentals LiveLessons illuminates all the techniques you need to solve real network problems with Wireshark. Its 10 well-organized lessons and 44 concise sublessons teach through real examples, easy-to-follow animations, and detailed audio explanations.
Experienced network engineers James Garringer and Jerome Henry demystify Wireshark’s complex options and command-line scripting language. They guide you step-by-step through troubleshooting common media and protocols, revealing hidden “gems” that help make Wireshark amazingly powerful and efficient.
No matter what kind of network you’re responsible for, Wireshark Fundamentals LiveLessons will help you improve its reliability, performance, and security.
- Understanding Wireshark versions, flavors, and hardware support
- Installing and customizing Wireshark
- Building highly-efficient profiles for specific troubleshooting tasks
- Performing Layer 2 or Layer 3 captures
- Exploring standard network exchanges (DNS, DHCP, ICMP, FTP, HTTP, and more)
- Capturing and visualizing encrypted traffic
- Personalizing the Wireshark interface
- Using filters and advanced filtering to focus on the data you really need
- Identifying trends with Wireshark’s advanced analysis tools
- Using Wireshark’s powerful command-line options
- Exporting Wireshark captures to other tools
About the Instructors
James Garringer (Atlanta, GA) is an experienced consulting engineer who specializes in Wi-Fi and networking for education, healthcare, and enterprise customers throughout the United States. Garringer has a special interest in Wireshark and protocol analysis and has spent considerable time performing frame and packet analysis in customer and lab environments. A Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE No. 179), he also serves on the CWNP Board of Advisors, and on the WLAN Advisory Board. He has more than 10 years of experience as a speaker and teacher.
Jerome Henry (Pittsboro, NC) is Principal Engineer at Cisco focusing on end-to-end optimizations. He has 12+ years of experience teaching technical Cisco courses and products in 15 countries and 4 languages. Through 10,000+ hours in the classroom, he has taught audiences ranging from college students to Cisco system engineers. He holds Certified Wireless Networking Expert (CWNE No. 45), CCIE Wireless (No. 24750), and CCNP Wireless certifications, has authored several books on Cisco wireless technologies, and has developed multiple Cisco courses on wireless topics, including IUWNE, IUWMS, IUWVN, CUWSS, IAUWS, and LBS.
- All levels
Learn How To
- Compare and select the right version of Wireshark for your needs
- Install and configure Wireshark and its adapters
- Create, save, work with, and troubleshoot captures
- Capture at different points of your network
- Personalize Wireshark’s interface with profiles
- Improve precision and efficiency with basic and advanced filters
- Use statistics, include IO graphs, flows, streams, and hierarchies
- Quickly spot anomalies and understand expert error information
- Work from the command line interface with Tshark and Editcap
- Complement and extend Wireshark with other tools
- Share your findings
Who Should Take This Course
For all network engineers and other network professionals at all levels who need to troubleshoot networks, especially those responsible for wireless networks.
Requires a basic understanding of networking technology.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson’s expert-led video tutorials teach you the technology skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT certification, programming, web and mobile development, networking, security, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Choosing Your Analyzer
- Lesson 2: Install and Setup Wireshark
- Lesson 3: Your First Capture
- Lesson 4: Looking at Standard Exchanges
- Lesson 5: Personalizing the Interface
- Lesson 6: Using Filters
- Lesson 7: Advanced Filtering
- Lesson 8: Using Statistics
- Lesson 9: Using the CLI
- Lesson 10: Beyond Wireshark
- Title: Wireshark Fundamentals
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134767500
You might also like
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Wireshark for Wireless LANs
More Than 8 Hours of Expert Video Instruction The Wireshark for Wireless LANs LiveLessons video training …
Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS)
21+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) Complete Video Course, 2nd Edition …