Changing Your Header Graphic
Creating unique header graphics is one of the fastest ways to personalize a site and make it unique. The header graphic is typically the strongest graphic design element. Positioned at the top of your theme, a header graphic often includes a logo or other information about your site or business.
Here are some elements you might include in your header graphic:
- Business name or logo: This sounds obvious, but the header graphic is the prime way to identify the site. If you don't have a logo, this can be as simple as stylizing your business name, but your brand identity needs to be prominent and polished in the header graphic.
- Profile photos: If it's for a blog, or an independent professional's site, say for a real estate agent, you might want to include a studio-quality profile photo of the person to help your site guests know who they're dealing with and to add a touch of warmth.
- Taglines, important slogans, and keywords: Use the header area to tell your site visitors something about your site or business.
- Contact information: If you're doing a small business Web site, including phone and address information is vital.
- Background images: Be creative with the header image behind all this information. Use a pattern or graphic that matches your brand colors and doesn't distract attention from the vital information you want to communicate.
Most new WordPress ...